Cultural Dimensions Toward The Communication Policy of Street Vendors Relocation in The Government of Yogyakarta City

LA MANI, BUDI GUNTORO, MUDIYONO MUDIYONO, NUNUNG PRAJARTO

Abstract


Culture appears in all contexts of human life, included in the government's communication policy. The aim of this study is to verify the influence of the cultural dimension toward the communication policy of relocating street vendors by the Government of Yogyakarta City in 2004 to 2010. This study used 258 vendors who had been relocated as the sample. The data analysis used of this study was quantitative with the double regression analysis test.  The results of this study showed that the cultural dimension have a significant effect toward the communication of relocation policy of Street Vendors in Yogyakarta. It can be seen from the F-count (71,536) > F-table (4,710), t-count (18,625) > t-table (1,960) with a significance level of 0.000 (α < 0,05). The regression determination coefficient (R2) showed that the communication of relocation policy of street vendors in Yogyakarta is influenced by the cultural dimension, that is about 0,600, or 60%, while the rest is about 40% due to other variables outside of the model studied.

Keywords: cultural dimension; communication; relocation policy; street vendor


Keywords


cultural dimension; communication; relocation policy; street vendor

Full Text:

PDF

References


Alisjahbana, 2006. Marginalisasi Sektor Informal Perkotaan, Surabaya: ITS Press.

Clausen, L., 2007. Corporate Communication Challenges: A ‘Negotiated’ Culture Perspective. International Published by: . Downloaded from ccm.sagepub.com at Universitas Gadjah Mada on February 19, 2014. (Diakses 19 Februari 2014).

Gudykunst, W. B., & B. Mody, 2001, Handbook of International and Intercultural Communication, second edition, Thoousand Oaks-London-New Delhi: Sage Publications.

Hofstede, G. J., C. M. Jonker, & T. Verwaart, 2008. Individualism and Collectivism in Trade Agents. N.T. Nguyen et al. (Eds.): IEA/AIE 2008, LNAI 5027, pp. 492–501, 2008. Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2008. (diakses 26 Februari 2014).

Hofstede, G. 2011. Dimensionalizing Cultures: The Hofstede Model in Context. Online Readings in Psychology and Culture, 2(1). (diakses 26 Februari 2014).

Kocabas, I., 2009. Study on the Cultural Communication Preferences of Teachers, International Journal of Educational Management, Vol. 23 No. 5, 2009. Emerald Group Publishing Limited.

Metcalf, L. E., A. Bird, M. F. Peterson, M. Shankarmahesh, & T. R. Lituchy, 2007. Cultural Influences In Negotiations A Four Country Comparative Analysis. International Journal of Cross Cultural, 2007 Vol 7(2): 147–168 Management. Downloaded from job.sagepub.com at Universitas Gadjah Mada on February 19, 2014. (Diakses 19 Februari 2014).

Mulyana, Deddy, 2000. Komunikasi Antar Budaya, Panduan Berkomunikasi dengan Orang-Orang Berbeda Budaya, Bandung: Remaja Rosdakarya.

Northouse, P. G., 2013. Kepemimpinan, Teori dan Praktek, Edisi Keenam, Jakarta; PT. Indeks.

Ritzer, G., 2012. Teori Sosiologi, dari Sosiologi Klasik sampai Perkembangan, Terakhir Postmodern. Yogyakarta: Pustaka Pelajar.

Retno, I., 2011. Herry Zudianto, Pak Walikota yang Besar Kepala. Yogyakarta: Gelar.

Samovar, L. A., R. E. Porter, & E. R. McDaniel, 2010. Komunikasi Lintas Budaya, Communication between Cultures. Salemba Humanika: Jakarta.

Samovar, L. A., R. E. Porter, & E. R. McDaniel, 2010. Intercultural Communication: A Reader, US: PreMediaGlobal.

Sriyanto, A. Abdulkarim, A. Zainul, E. Maryani, 2014. Perilaku Asertif dan Kecenderungan Kenakalan Remaja Berdasarkan Pola Asuh dan Peran Media Massa, Jurnal Psikologi, Fakultas Psikologi Universitas Gadjah Mada, Volume 41, No. 1, Juni 2014: 74 – 88 (diunduh, 29 April 2016).

Susan, N., 2009. Sosiologi Konflik dan Isu-Isu Konflik Kontemporer. Jakarta: Kencana.

Susan, N., 2012. Negara Gagal Mengelola Konflik. Yogyakarta: KoPi & Pustaka Pelajar.

Todaro, Michael P., 1994. Pembangunan Ekonomi di Dunia Ketiga, Jakarta: Erlangga.




DOI: https://doi.org/10.18196/jgp.2016.0042.551-577

Article Metrics

Abstract view : 27 times
PDF - 11 times

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.

JKSG
Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta
Jln. Lingkar Selatan, Tamantirto, Kasihan, Bantul Yogyakarta
Telp: ( 0274) 387656 ext 249
Phone: 62274287656
Fax: 62274387646
Email: jgp@umy.ac.id



Jurnal Studi Pemerintahan is licenced under a Creative Common Attribution 4.0 International Licence